A badge is a small status indicator that can be used to convey information or provide context to another element within your app or interface.
- Label: Customize the text displayed inside the badge to communicate the status or purpose effectively.
- Severity: Change the badge's background color based on the severity or importance of the information.
- Size: Adjust the badge's size to fit your design requirements, choosing from small, medium, or large options.
How to Use Badges
To use badges in your application, follow these simple steps:
- Label: Specify the text you want to display inside the badge using the label property.
- Severity: Use the severity select option to set the badge's background color based on the importance or severity of the information it represents.
- Size: Choose the appropriate size for your badge based on your design preferences and the prominence you want it to have.
Badges can be used in various scenarios, including:
- Notification count: Display the number of unread notifications next to an icon or a menu item.
- Status indicators: Show the status of an item, such as "In Progress," "Completed," or "Urgent."
- Priority levels: Indicate the priority level of tasks or items with different badge colors or labels.
- Achievements: Reward users with badges for completing specific actions or milestones in your app.
Badges are versatile UI components that can enhance the user experience by providing quick, visual cues about the state or significance of elements in your application.